Tuesday, April 11, 2017

"On Abusage."

Two terms being used at the moment by a lot of TV pundits. My complaints.

1. "Nuclear Option."  Wish they'd stop describing the decision to allow the majority vote for Gorsuch to be sufficient as the "nuclear option" when we are perilously close to actual nuclear war.

2. "Bad Actor."  My wife is particularly annoyed by the term "bad actor" for enemy states and agents.  "They're not actors!" she says.

**********



Elsewhere...

     It seems like it is considered unAmerican and in bad taste at the moment to suggest that this tussle over Syria is all artifice, a collaboration between Putin and Trump, so I shan't say it. I am keeping my suspicions of a deeper conspiracy to myself for now, but be warned I am well-versed in the JFK case.
      A few people say the words "Wag The Dog" sotto voce with a wink. However, isn't it interesting that Trump still hasn't said a word against Putin. Somebody recently asked him about it point blank and Trump flatly ignored the question. He had his arms crossed, almost wrapped around his head, so awkward and uncomfortable was he.

No comments:

Post a Comment