Friday, April 7, 2017

"Barron Trump's IQ."


At the bottom of some fatuous website or another I was reading with great avidity ("Can Anyone Explain What the Teufel Happened in DC Comics' Convergence?"), I came across a link to an enticing piece, that promised me: "You Won't Believe Barron Trump's IQ!"

Why, I thought. Because it's so high?

"No –– because it's so shockingly fucking low."

Same thing exists online everywhere about Melania's IQ. "You'll be amazed by Melania Trump's IQ!"

IT'S A FUCKING FRACTION IS WHY!
IT'S A FUCKING MINUS NUMBER IS WHY!
IT'S FUCKING –π IS WHY!

I refuse to click on these websites because I assume that at best I am not going to get quality journalism but I am going to be roundly annoyed by the piece, and at worst I am going to get some sophisticated "trojan horse" malware from "bad actors" in the "former Soviet Union".

It's like when you are credulously seduced by one picture of a sexy-looking woman online and are drawn in to some online "slideshow" of fatuous factoids. You dully whir through thirty images. The picture of the woman never even turns up. A hard lesson learned. Whole minutes of a life lost forever, irrevocable.

There ought to be a word in Portuguese for this awful feeling.

People love to read surprising information about seemingly dumb people actually being smart. Iggy Pop is a classic example. How often have I read about his world record-breaking IQ –– and still he strikes me as moronic.

My readers might have other examples of this phenomenon, and I invite them to send them in to the usual address.

There should be webpages about seemingly clever people who are actually stupid as dirt. 

Like me for example.


No comments:

Post a Comment