Sunday, April 2, 2017

"The Weekend With the President."

This has got nothing to do with Trump, but on the weekend the President plays golf and plays with his tie and makes fart noises with his stupid lips and shows his confidential dockets freely to random gawkers at Mar a Lago, so there's nothing to say over the weekend unless Devin Nunes performs some grandstanding stunt and this week it seems like his grandstanding stunt is to bury his head in the turf in his garden, far away from his critics on "the Hill".*

I've been watching Unit One with Mads Mikkelsen, a Danish cop show from the Oughts. The head of the homicide department on the show is called Ingrid Dahl, and I have fallen into a light crush on her.

I was watching her with a dreamy expression, unable to fathom quite why I was so enchanted. "Bloody hell," I thought to myself, "my tastes become more middle-class by the day."

Also, my Mum called today and said that Didcot had been voted the most average town in Britain.
Showing some of that hometown pride I responded, "That's a poor show for the country. If Didcot is the average, I'd hate to see the worst places."

You probably need to know Didcot to find that interesting or amusing.

_________________________________________________________

* After writing this I learnt that Trump had all but declared war on North Korea and China over the weekend. My remarks about Ingrid Dahl and Dicot remain of paramount relevance however.

Plus there's not a lot of humour to be found in the prospect of global nuclear war.

No comments:

Post a Comment