Saturday, March 25, 2017

"Bannon's Just Got To Be Bannon."

     

     A new cliche in Washington circles. "X has got to be X."
     Somebody said it about a lion: "a lion's got to be a lion."
     Then David Brooks said "Bannon's got to be Bannon."

     I said to my wife, "Who said, 'A lion's got to be a lion, Bannon's got to be Bannon'?"
     She said, "It was a National Geographic site, I think, about the lion. David Brooks said it about Bannon."
      "What, so they weren't placed next to each other? I thought it was 'A lion's got to be a lion AND Bannon's got to be Bannon'. X = X ergo Y must = Y."
      "I don't think so."

     I love the thought of all these backcountry Freedom Caucus Republicans backchatting Bannon, because they're the ones he claims to represent. The Kentucky knuckledraggers. All those dispirited daughters of the Confederacy and the former kleagles of the klavern sitting in shitty cantinas in Texas or Alabamy or Iowa or Ohio or Podunklahoma staring at Fox News as the BBC America reporters would come round asking them what they think about people of colour-that-ain't-strictly-pink and transgender toilet usage.

Bannon went in there, Doncomber's bright red attack mutt, and thought he could direct them around like he does Ole Pap from Duckwad Dynasty, but he was badly wrong. He misread the times. Like society gal Invokana on the day all the refugees wre being turned around he was "tone deaf." One of them said, through a plug of chaw, "Yall ain't my paw."

Incidentally, describe Bannon to me without using the words "annihilated," "desiccated," fetid," "revenant," "dandruff," "adult acne," "necrotic teeth," "palsied," "psoriatic," "used-up," or "virulent." I defy you.

No comments:

Post a Comment