Sunday, July 14, 2019

"Trump's Election and That Rise in Suicides."

This isn't really a joke. Does anybody monitor the suicide rate globally? And if so, has anybody noticed a remarkable rise in the number of suicides since You Know Who entered "office"? It seems to me that I am hearing about suicides, both in the press and in everyday existence, every other day.

RELATED:––

I was in Sainsbury's a few days ago and thinking about how many overweight people there were. I thought: "It's Trump. Gotta be. People are stress-eating."

RELATED:––

Similarly, in my current job, I am cataloguing academic books from the presses. A casual observation, given with kind intent: a whole lotta nonsense coming from these "sterling" presses. I thought, "It's Trump. It's gotta be. People cannot think straight they're so nutso by now. Academics are in a panic like headless chickens in the barnyard running in circles."

Althpugh actually, and then again, I think you could possibly blame it mostly on Jacques fucking Derrida and Trump gets off scot-free.

In fact I think you could blame Trump on Derrida.

If you really want my opinion, and apparently you don't, well here it is: no Trump without Derrida.

No comments:

Post a Comment